Job ID: 228858671
POSITION: Dual responsibility as a Ophthalmic Technician and as a Patient Concierge. On Monday and Tuesdays, you are dedicated to frot desk and other days you will be either a technician or work with me to finish up on company projects.
DEPARTMENT: Clinical and Front Desk
REPORTS TO: COO
Possible Days Needed: Combination of Monday - Saturday, will be 5 day work week and consecutive days
JOB SUMMARY: This individual's primary responsibility is the front desk concierge. You will be verifying patient's insurance information, checking in and checking out patients, establishing workflows, collecting co-pays and any other patient needs.
When working as a technician, you are responsible for providing chair-side doctor assistance, performing diagnostic tests as required by an ophthalmologist, administering treatment as allowed and ordered by the physician and working at the Front. You will be trained and eventually be certified as an Ophthalmic Tech. THIS IS A FULL-TIME POSITION.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Nursing/medical student preferred
3. Experience in ophthalmology would be a plus. We will also accept Nursing/Medical students without healthcare experience.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Able to work well in a supervisory capacity.
2. Possesses a wide-ranging fund of knowledge applicable to financial and clinical functions.
3. Team player
4. Meets deadlines and possess abilities to multi-task.
5. Proactive, forward-thinking and NOT re-active.
6. Experience with Medical, Aesthetic or Dermatology Practice.
7. Sales experience a plus.
8. Elite Customer Service Skills a must
9. Able to follow direction and complete given task without manager's follow-up.
RESPONSIBILITIES AT THE DESK:
1. Maintains smooth operation of check-in, check-out, appointment book, and dictation function.
2. Coordinates schedules and activities with clinical staff.
3. Provides back-up for rest of office as needed.
4. Ensures appointment schedules for doctors and providers are maximized.
RESPONSIBILITIES AS A TECHNICIAN:
1. Communication and Patient Care
a. Uses autorefractor and lensometers (automatic and manual).
b. Performs visual field tests.
c. Performs visual acuity and pinhole tests.
d. Perform brightness acuity measurement as requested by the physician.
e. Performs Schirmer's tests as ordered by the physician.
f. Monitors patient flow, ensuring the physician exam rooms are always full.
g. Acts as scribe for a physician.
h. Escorts patients to front desk after exam.
2. Patient Education
a. Reviews the use of Amsler grid testing with patient for at-home monitoring.
b. Reviews physician-generated instructions with patient.
c. Provides appropriate patient education materials as directed by physician.
a. Ensures that exam rooms are tidied between patients, including cleaning sinks and sanitizing equipment.
b. Cleans all lenses used by doctors.
c. Prepares for COA exam.