1 - 3 years
Casa Blanca Lounge located inside in Casa de Montecristo by JRCigar Whippany is now hiring a Part-Time Prep Cook.
- Setting up and sanitizing work stations.
- Following prep lists created by chefs.
- Measuring ingredients and seasonings, and preparing cooking ingredients such as soup stock to be used in the cooking process.
- Preparing simple dishes, such as entrees or salads.
- Ensuring all food items are properly stored and easily accessible.
- Assisting chefs in preparing food and attending to any culinary tasks that arise.
- Distributing plates to wait staff to be served, cleaning plates for dish washing, and preparing take away packages for customers.
- Supervising food and cooling room temperatures.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and sanitized kitchen.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Culinary school training would be advantageous.
- Experience as a prep cook may be advantageous.
- Manual dexterity to operate cooking tools such as knives.
- Strong team working and communication skills.
- Physical endurance to work long shifts in a busy environment.
- Flexibility to work shifts, weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Ability to work in stressful, fast-paced environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to smoke or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job ID: 253850772