Primary Purpose of Position
This position must embrace our Core Values and incorporate them in the guests dining experience during their stay. Provide exceptional food service, anticipate guest needs, and share the story behind the food with our guests. Let your genuine personality shine, while still adhering to our Ranch Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a personalized experience for our guests; greeting them by name, making them feel welcome, showing awareness of dietary restrictions, aware of all guest BEOs
- Utilizing proper steps of service with our guests
- Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up of the restaurant/bar.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu and beverage items, preparation method/time, ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of POS system and manual systems.
- Complete all opening and closing side duties as assigned.
- Organize assigned station and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
- Review daily specials and maintain awareness of 86’d items throughout the shift.
- Open and serve wine/champagne bottles in accordance with departmental standards.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with the departmental standards.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service area.
- Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs.
- Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to supervisor.
- Competently deliver In Room Dining orders
- Communicate efficiently with the Kitchen staff
- Communicate efficiently with other departments
- Work within a team to complete a successful service
- 2 year experience as a fine dining server.
- 5 year experience in industry.
- Very good knowledge of wines, spirits and beers.
- Very good product knowledge, preparation and cooking techniques.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers.
- Food Handlers Certification.
- High school graduate or equivalent and some college.
- Certification of previous training in liquor, wine and food service.
- Certification in alcohol awareness program.
- Anticipate and understand guest service needs.
- Be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guest.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Maintain good coordination and timing while serving orders quickly.
- Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 lbs., occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and move frequently from area to area.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.