Primary Purpose of Position
The function of the Bellman/Driver is to work closely with the Front Desk staff to provide a positive first and last impression to guests when they arrive and depart the Ranch. Assist guests with their luggage, transportation and miscellaneous needs. Responsible for parking all cars quickly yet safely. The care and attention that goes with this position are crucial to the success of The Ranch as they convey a critical message to the guests about the property’s commitment to service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Up to date with Daily arrivals/departures, in-house count;
- Know all room types, layout, décor, appointments and location;
- Be able to communicate all the features and services of the hotel;
- Share the hours of operation of each outlet;
- Maintain parking facilities, layout and procedures.
- Greet arriving guests/visitors and bid farewell to departing guests/visitors.
- Assist guests and visitors into and out of their vehicles and assist with luggage and set up in accommodation.
- Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and offer to park vehicle for guest, if applicable.
- Ensure security of vehicle and its keys.
- Ensure all driveways are kept clear, and vehicles are not parked or left standing in illegal spaces.
- Answer departmental telephone within 3 rings, using proper greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Document phone requests for retrieving vehicles as specified; record time of completion.
- Retrieve guest vehicle keys from secured location and retrieve guest's vehicle from parking facility, following departmental procedures.
- Release vehicle to guest upon proper authorization of claim tickets. Open vehicle doors, assist guest into their car and close doors.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of local attractions and activities to recommend for guest inquiries.
- Handle guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Constantly maintain cleanliness of vehicles
- Follow our Core Values and provide amazing service for our guests.
- Clean driving record, valid, current Driver's License.
- Previous experience working in a Bellman capacity preferred.
- Customer Service experience in the hospitality industry preferred.
- HS Diploma
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment.
- Uphold The Ranch at Rock Creek standards, policies and procedures
- Communicate in clearly and effectively with guests/employees to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible written communication and directions.
- Adhere to responsible, safe and conscientious driving rules.
- Ability to use radio/pager and respond promptly.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills.
- Must be able to stand, walk and move continuously.
- Open to flexible scheduling
- Ability to prioritize, organize and make good judgments.
- Ability to ensure the security of vehicles and hotel property.
- Ability to perform assignments with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to regularly lift and or move 50 lbs regularly
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.