Average Percent of Time
40% Retrieves guest items from cars, busses, vans and carts. Grasp, lift, carry and/or load luggage And packages onto a bell cart to transport items throughout hotel to designated room.
Navigates bellcart through public areas, guest room corridors and to elevators.
20% Escorts customers to accommodations, visually inspects room and telephone and deficiencies such as towels to housekeeping immediately. Points out room features and directory for reference.
10% Listens and responds to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answers Questions and offer assistance giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, air line shuttle service, etc.
10% Organizes and store luggage as necessary in a designated area.
5% Greets customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Remain calm and attentive, especially during heavy hotel activity and emergencies
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
· Picks up and deliver guest laundry to and from guest rooms in a timely, accurate manner.
· Delivers morning newspapers, Zipout Checkout packets, mail, packages, faxes, etc. to specific guest rooms.
· Maintains and posts hotel reader boards and public area signage.
· Cleans and polishes carts and other equipment used in the department.
· Retrieves and inputs data from a computer terminal in an accurate, error-free manner.
· Answers the Bell desk phone and provide information as needed.
· Reads and matches luggage tags, write claim tickets and detach portion to give to guest
Assimilate into The Hilton Family PRIDE/CARE culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all elements of PRIDE/CARE. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
Positions directly reporting to this position (titles):
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
· Ability to understand and follow written and or verbal instructions.
· Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
· Ability to read English language sufficient to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
· Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage up to continuously throughout shift.
· Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
· Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to load and unload luggage.
· Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property.
QUALIFICATION STANDARDS EDUCATION
High School graduate or equivalent preferred
Prior guest service or other hospitality experience preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
No special licenses required. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Applicants with additional language skills preferred
Job ID: 309429754