We are looking for an ambitious Garde Manger/ Pantry Cook with the ability to multi-task while still putting out the best possible food, according to the standards set by the executive chef.
A great garde manger/ pantry cook will be quick and diligent and willing to improve on the job. You will be skilled and able to follow instructions as well as having a strong understanding of Rhode Island’s food safety and sanitation codes. The ideal candidate will also be able to function in a fast-paced, busy environment as a part of a team.
· create and execute prep lists for your station
· Follow recipes for dressings, desserts, sauces, etc according to specifications
· Maintain a clean and orderly station.
· Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
· Comply with food safety and sanitation guidelines
· Proven experience as a garde manger/ pantry cook
· Knowledge of proper sanitation and food handling
· Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
· A team player with good communication skills
· Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
· Strong knowledge of proper handling of all ready to eat food including shellfish
· High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset.
Job ID: 272338886