- Saphire Event Group
- Walpole, Massachusetts
Reports to: Sous Chef
The purpose of this job is to perform manual work in food service operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a multi-functional position and is responsible for ensuring the needed dishware and cookware are clean and available for use and assisting in kitchen during event delivery.
Your duties will include:
- Prior to event, ensures all china, flatware, glassware, kitchen utensils and pots and pans are clean and in their designated spot.
- During event, clean and return all dishware and cookware to their designated spots for continued use by kitchen staff.
- Change dish machine water every 2 hours of using dishwasher and ensure up to proper sanitation codes.
- Change dish machine water prior to washing glassware according to SEG Policy.
- Ensure proper sanitation with 3 compartment sink system.
- Regularly sanitizes all storage racks and designated storage areas as per ServSafe codes.
- Empty and replace trash bins throughout food service area..
- Ensure no excess food on floor by sweeping regularly.
- Sweep and mop back kitchen floor at the close of every shift
- Assists in the preparation of Hors d Oeuvres for events
- Assists in salad preparations for daily events, as per Exec Chef instructions.
- Assists front of the house staff with the set-up and execution of breakdown stations
- Assists culinary staff with plating dinners as requested
- Assists culinary staff with cleaning food storage areas, transportation racks, hot boxes, and equipment as needed.
- Assists any SEG manager with the swift clean-up of safety hazards such as broken china, liquid spills or food waste.
- Ensure proper use, storage and maintenance of all equipment and supplies. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Assists once the event is complete, clean and reset the event spaces according to company specifications to ensure the readiness of the room for the following function as well as the cleanliness of the event spaces.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with company policies, service procedures and service standards.
Does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Able to handle high amounts of stress and ability to multi-task.
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred
- Must be ServSafe certified.
- Needs good organizational skills.
Must speak English. Excellent ability to communicate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk around on concrete, grass and wood throughout the day for up to 10 hours a day. Must be able to stand for periods up to 2 hours at a time. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Working in the kitchen which can get very hot and humid and noisy from the machines being used. Loud talking and noise from celebration. Must have an excellent ability to multi-task between kitchen and event venue.
This position is an on-call, part-time position which requires a varying schedule to include weekends, evenings, holidays and extended hours as business dictates. Due to the seasonal nature of our business, availability of shifts is only possible when events are scheduled and based on type of event, guest count and time of event. All scheduling is done through our online employee scheduling software. Event season for our company is considered May through October.
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties and responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with or without notice. It is expected that this position work to achieve the goals of the organization, whether specific duties are mentioned or not.
Job Type: Part Time/ Variable Hour
Pay: Starting at $15 per hour
Job ID: 348851086