Galliford’s is hiring qualified individuals who are dedicated to producing high quality food in a fast paced, positive environment. The Line Cook position is open to those who wish to work in a professional restaurant kitchen in a strong team oriented setting. Gallifords Restaurant is located at Southwick's Zoo in Mendon, Massachusetts and we cater to diverse zoo guests and the local community. We look forward to adding to our Southwick's Zoo and Gallifords family of dedicated and passionate employees.
Galliford's Restaurant & Tavern is looking for talented line cooks who share our passion for food and customer service. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic about each dish they serve and welcomes the opportunity for growth. We are looking for someone with a positive attitude and can accept direction, as necessary. The ideal candidate would be detail-oriented, possess great knife skills, and take pride in their work. Previous experience cooking in a professional, high volume capacity is required, though we will not turn away exceptional beginners who are driven, dependable and willing to grow and learn.
This line cook/prep cook position may require working at the Zebra Café in the Zoo or in The Deli, located on the bottom level of Galliford's during the heart of the season.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares & handles food in accordance with the Board of Health
- Preps food according to the designated station's prep list
- Prepares ALL menu items including desserts, pizza, dough, and sauces in accordance with recipe guidelines and par levels
- Executes all kitchen orders according to recipe specifications
- Prepares all ingredients needed for designated station daily, following chef's prep and par lists
- Complies with safety guidelines and minimum age requirements when handling kitchen equipment and utensils
- Follow all portion and quality standards
- Maintains and stocks designated station, freezers, refrigerators, and storeroom with food products daily: follows proper rotation system and notifies chef to any discrepancies or shortages
- Labels and dates all food products in storage and refrigeration areas appropriately
- Ensures all products are stored or disposed of properly at the end of the night
- Cleans food preparation equipment and work areas according to health and safety guidelines; cleans counter of tables
- Adheres to all restaurant policies and procedures paying attention to health and/or safety requirements; communicates and concerns to management
- Communicates with servers in a professional manner regarding customer service
- Performs all closing duties of the kitchen daily as determined by the chef
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- One to two years related experience and/or training
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience